Join the Team
Interested in joining our ever-growing team? Check out our open positions.
Location: Louisville, KY
Employment: Full Time
LEAP Group is seeking a Web Designer with a strong emphasis on visual and interaction design.
The Web Designer possesses strong creative, technical and problem-solving skills. You have a good understanding of content, controls, visual design, development, and information architecture. You create satisfying or compelling experiences for users of a product, often drawing on results from user research and workflow analysis. You take the time to understand the challenge, but you are unafraid to get things done. You embrace team collaboration, but you are undaunted by self-motivation.
- Strong visual and interaction design skill set
- Fluidity working across UX, Design, and Development
- Mastery understanding of design, development, and staging environments
- Possess superb communication, time-management and process-management skills
- Creativity, passion and attention to detail
- Working knowledge of responsive design and grid principles.
- Working knowledge Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, AfterEffects, XD, etc.
- Experience working with Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Fluency in best design practices and system across mobile, web platforms and devices
- Proven ability to communicate design ideas through user flows, process flows, site maps and wireframes
- Bachelor's degree in visual design or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in creating and implementing UX design
- Portfolio of work demonstrating breadth and depth in UX and visual design
- Proven ability to work independently or collaboratively with the creative, development, research, strategy and client teams
- Brand development/strategy experience a plus
- Consulting with clients to understand their goals and explaining research results
- Creating wireframes, storyboards, sitemaps and screen flows
- Creating product prototypes
- Developing personas and usage scenarios
- Analyzing user feedback and activity, and iterating to enhance the user experience
- Assisting with content development
- Conducting competitor and customer analysis
- Testing and improving the design of websites, apps & software builds.
- Develop standard UI components and style guides
- Conducting thorough site audits and landscape and competitor analysis
- Incorporating functionalities and features into webs