Join the Team
Interested in joining our ever-growing team? Check out our open positions.
Government Proposal Writer
Location: Louisville, KY
Employment: Full Time
LEAP Group is a network of advertising agencies aligned around a core point of view to help our clients Market Less and Matter More.
We are looking for a highly organized individual with outstanding attention to detail to identify and manage RFP, RFI and RFQ responses to Federal, State and Local Government units.
This individual will be responsible for all aspects of governmental RFP/RFI/RFQ responses including the identification of opportunities; the writing and completion of the necessary response documents; and the submission and management of the decision-making process as it relates to LEAP Group personnel.
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated and comfortable working with minimal supervision.
Duties of the Government Proposal Writer include:
- Focus exclusively on Federal, State, and Local government sales and proposal writing
- Develop and maintain relationships with contacts at appropriate Federal and State, Local and Education Districts (SLED) agencies.
- Identify and process requests for quotations/proposals (RFQ/P) in accordance with requirements and procedures
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to clearly articulate a winning strategy, compelling solutions, and substantiated themes
- Develop proposal documentation (e.g., compliance matrices, proposal outlines, writing assignments, responsibility matrices, proposal related customer questions, annotated outlines, finalized proposal documents, oral presentations, lessons learned, etc.) to win the assigned bid
- Obtain approval through required departments for RFQ/P submissions
- Other duties as assigned
What you need!
- 5+ years of professional proposal writing / bid writing / RFP writing and/or similar experience
- 5+ years of experience with governmental business development opportunities
- 5+ years of experience in federal government proposal preparation, development, and production, including experience with Federal proposals for Professional Services
- Proven experience winning federal and/or state contracts in the last 2 years
- Know these acronyms: GSA, SAM, FAR, IDIQ, RFP, RFI, RFQ, MBE, DBE, WBE
- Enjoy taking long-form, technical writing and making it engaging, eye-catching, memorable with exceptional attention to detail
- Inherently keep a steady, positive, and collaborative attitude while working with team members in-person and virtually
- Competitive and driven where it matters -- company growth, winning new business and being a high-performing member of the team who excels at multitasking
- Have sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Outstanding communicator with impeccable spelling, grammar, and presentation skills
- Bachelor's degree required
- Expertise with Microsoft Office, especially documents, presentations, and spreadsheets
- APMP Certification is a plus
- Willingness to travel