One of the most important aspects of the Convert stage is also one you can’t control: customer reviews. If you think reviews only help with e-commerce sites and determining if that new restaurant is worth a visit, some sites may agree:
- 91% of people read online reviews with some regularity before making a buying decision.
- 84% trust an online review as much as they would from a face-to-face review.
- 28% form an opinion of a brand after reading just two or three reviews
- 51% are more likely to visit a local business that has positive reviews.
- Reviews can help your organic search rank unlock Google AdWord features, that allow your star rating to appear in ads, which can increase your PPC performance.
All brands benefit from reviews. Healthcare reviews, specifically for physicians, are increasingly important for prospective patients. Home service companies thrive on customer referrals and reviews. They not only help the next round of customers learn more about your product, you gain valuable insights into product performance, audience insights and opportunities to engage with your customers right after the sale!
Did you know? Facebook is now the No. 1 review site.
Claim your brand’s page on all review site (Yelp!, Google, Facebook, YP.com, etc.).
Send direct links for reviews in email and on social. Email requests for reviews should come within three days of delivery.
Send a simple survey e.g. “Were you satisfied with your product/service? Yes or no?” This is a simple way to get reviews that allow you to truthfully say “95% customer satisfaction”
Incentivize reviews by offering a coupon code or entry into a contest.
Be active! Thank customers for good reviews and quickly work to resolve negative ones.